Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August Make-Up Haul

Hey everyone! School's starting up and if you're not already in school (I move in the 21st) then you have some time to do some last minute shopping! Make-up shopping to be exact. I went to the drugstore, Target and Ulta within the past few days and picked up some last minute beauty products. So I just thought I'd share with you guys some beauty tools and make-up that I found, like a lot/love and think are super affordable.

1. Milani Shadow Eyez
These are large sticks of eyeliner/shadow that I absolutely love! I actually discovered these when I was doing make-up for a local theatre company. The show was Peter Pan and the mermaids needed something that made them look mystical. After the head make-up lady experimented on my face with these pencils, not only was a beautiful mermaid face made, but I fell in love with these eyeliner sticks as well! I have the colors Green Safari and Aquatic Style which are beautiful, pigmented and shimmer a bit if they hit the light just right. I only use them for fun make-up styles since I'm not too adventurous with my eye make-up (maybe I should start? haha) but you could use them for everyday make-up looks if you so desire. I bought mine at CVS but I'm sure you can find them online and where ever Milani  product are sold.

Milani Shadow Eyez: http://milanicosmetics.com/Shadow-Eyez-12-HR-Wear-Eyeshadow-Pencil.html

2. NYX Powder Blush
I picked up a NYX blush from Ulta the other day because I didn't really have one and wanted to try one out. I picked up the color PB25 Pinched/Pince which isn't extremely pink but a darker pink. I've only used it once but I really like the color. I think it looked great when lightly applied so I believe anyone can play around with it and make it look amazing! My favorite part about this blush is that NYX cosmetics are 100% CRUELTY FREE!!! I love animals so I've been loving NYX everything as of late. I recommend if you're looking for relatively inexpensive cruelty free cosmetics, then NYX is a great brand to start off with.

NYX Powder Blush: http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-24-powder-blush.aspx

3. e.l.f. (eyes, lips, face) Brushes
If you've been at the cosmetics section in Target you've probably seen e.l.f. products. They very inexpensive cosmetics that many people shy away from because they're so inexpensive. Many people see the low price and think it's great but then question the quality of the product. I can say that for the price, you get your moneys worth. I picked up three brushes from the e.l.f. brush collection.

Bronzing Brush
I haven't used this brush yet since I've had no real need to use bronzer yet, but I can say that I like the brush. It looks very clean and classic and good quality. It's bristles are at an angle and are dense for the price. I'll let you know in the future if this is a brush I recommend!

Bronzing Brush: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/brushes/single-brushes/blushing,_bronzing_and_blending_brush

Total Face Brush
I actually already had one total face brush and bought another today! The reason being is that I use this brush for my Covergirl powder. I have really oily skin and therefore need powder to cover it up so I'm not shiny every time I'm in the light (Trust me, it's not pretty). I keep my current brush with the rest of my make-up brushes and plan on taking the one I got today and putting it in my make-up bag for touch ups on the go.

Total Face Brush: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/brushes/single-brushes/total_face_brush

Eyelash and Brow Brush:
This is more along the lines of a spooly brush than anything else. I got this because I have a mini spooly and wanted a larger one. I really like it since I bought it for $1!!! It's working very well and is of good quality. You just can't beat $1!

Eyelash and Brow Brush: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/brushes/single-brushes/eyelash_and_brow_wand

4. e.l.f. Essential Shine Eraser:
These are basically oil blotting sheets and let me tell you, they are AMAZING!!! I bought three packs of 50 for $1.00. Do the math and that's $0.02 per sheet. So 150 oil blotting sheets at two cents a pop is a good deal if you ask me. These oil blotting sheets are great! I have really oily skin but I swipe them over my t-zone (I usually have to use two sheets but it depends on how oily your skin is) and ta-da! Oil, gone! I see it on the sheets themselves and am amazed these tiny sheets can pick all that gunk up. I totally recommend these and at $1.00 per pack, why wouldn't you try them out?!

Essential Shine Eraser: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/tools/accessories/shine_eraser

5. e.l.f. Make-Up Mist & Set:
I haven't used this yet but plan on using it within the next few days. I was first introduced to this product when my friend used it. I asked her what it was, she told me and I was hooked. It only cost $3.00 for a 2.02fl oz/60ml at Target. I was pretty excited because I originally thought the price was $5.00. It has Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A,C& E in it. You just spray it on your face, let it dry and you're good to go! This is another product I will tell you if I will go purchase it again.

Make-Up Mist & Set: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/face/tools/makeup_mist_and_set

6. Keratin Complex Volumizing Dry Shampoo Lift Powder
Wow, that's a mouthful! This is probably my favorite purchase because of the discount I got! I was at Ulta and naturally went to the clearance stand. Well, there this little beauty was on clearance for $2.97 marked down from $34.00!!! What?! I know, that's a little more that 85% off!! I haven't gotten a chance to use this but I'm really excited to since it was such a good deal! The lesson here is don't forget those clearance racks! They sometimes hold diamonds in the rough!

Keratin Complex Shampoo: http://www.keratincomplex.com/default.asp?catid=10&parentid=0&viewproduct=1&productid=905

I hope you all enjoyed learning about some make-up I recently bought. If you buy any products let me know what you think in the comments below. Good luck in your first week of college and remember, shop smart!

All the best!- Becca

Follow me on Twitter!: @Modern_College_

No comments:

Post a Comment